Let is interesting word in English because it has a variety of different ways that we can use it. Let can be used to ask for or give permission and let is used in polite phrases. For today’s English lesson let’s take a look at three different ways that we can use let.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Let me explain something. Learning a language takes a lot of time, patience, and hard work.
- Let me confirm the details with you. We are going to have a meeting at 3 PM in conference room B. Is that right?
- Let me tell you something. New York is a really exciting city.
- How far is Boston? Let me see…I’d say it’s about 4 or 5 hours by car.
- I’m looking at the menu…let me see…I think I’ll have the grilled chicken.
- What time am I available for a meeting tomorrow? Let me see…how about 2:30?
- Hey Jack. Let me know which meeting room we are going to use tomorrow.
- Can you let me know where the post office is?
- Hi Joe. I’d like to visit your office next week. Can you let me know what time works for you?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!