Injuring yourself is not a fun thing, but just in case you have that problem when you are living or traveling overseas, it’s a good idea to be able to talk about that situation in English. A lot of English learners get confused using the words hurt, injure, pain and painful, so for today’s English lesson, let’s look at how we can use these words.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I hurt my back when I was working in the garden.
- Jack hurt his arm when he was lifting weights at the gym.
- If you’re not careful using that knife, you’ll hurt yourself.
- My stomach hurts.
- I did a lot of work in the garden and my back hurts.
- Jack said his arm hurts from lifting weights at the gym.
- Touching a hot dish hurts.
- Walking barefoot on the street hurts. I need to put on my shoes.
- Don’t squeeze my hand so hard. It hurts!
- Touching a hot dish hurts or touching a hot dish is painful.
- Walking barefoot on the street is painful. I need to put on my shoes.
- Don’t squeeze my hand so hard. It’s painful!
- I have a little stomach pain from eating that spicy food.
- I did a lot of work in the garden and I have muscle pain.
- Jack said he has back pain from lifting weights at the gym.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!