Make is an interesting verb. We have a lot of collocations and idioms that use make, like make money, make time, make a face and so on. There are also a lot of grammatical uses of make and that’s the focus of today’s learn English podcast. In this English lesson, we’re going to look at three different ways we use the causative form of make.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Working in the garden all day made me tired.
- That sad movie made her cry.
- The delayed shipment made our customer angry.
- This new laundry soap made my shirts cleaner.
- This soup is good, but can you make it hotter?
- The office is a little chilly. Can you please make it warmer?
- In a car, the gas pedal makes it go and the break pedal makes it stop.
- Turning the key makes the engine start.
- The wind makes the boat move.
- I make my students write something in English every day for homework.
- Carol made her husband clean out the garage.
- Mary made her kids eat all of their vegetables.
- At the conference, I used a microphone to make myself heard. I wanted the audience to be able to hear me so I used a microphone to make myself heard.
- A lot of people study English because they want to make themselves understood in an English conversation.
- By doing too much work in the garden in one day I made myself tired.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!