A lot of English learners get confused when they try to use be used to and get used to. How about you? For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at what these two phrases me and how we can use them in everyday English. Check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- In the beginning, Kitty was not used to driving on the right.
- Kitty thought it would take some time for her to get used to driving on the right.
- Kitty thought that some day she will get used to driving on the right.
- Kitty was getting used to driving on the right.
- Kitty got used to driving on the right.
- It took Kitty about four months to get used to driving on the right.
- Kitty is used to driving on the right.
- I can now understand how to use my new smart watch. Finally, I am used to using my new smart watch.
- Jane always lived with her family or had roommates, so living alone was unfamiliar to her. But now, Jane said that she is used to living alone.
- Tom said he is not familiar with the new computer system in the office. He’s not used to it yet.
- It’s been very hot in New York these days. I’m not used to this kind of weather.
- It took a few weeks to get used to using my new smart watch.
- Jane said that it took a few months for her to get used to living alone.
- Tom said he hasn’t gotten used to the new computer system yet.
- It’s been very hot in New York these days. I can’t get used to this kind of weather.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!