A lot of English learners have trouble using words like born, grow up, raise and bring up. All of these words are used to talk about children and parents, but the way we use these words is different. Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The baby was born last night.
- I was born in New York.
- Where were you born?
- Jane had a baby last week.
- My sister had twins.
- I grew up in New York.
- Taylor swift grew up in Pennsylvania.
- Where did you grow up?
- Jane is bringing up her kids in Paris.
- Brining up children is difficult.
- Jane is raising her kids in Paris.
- Raising children is difficult.
- I was brought up in New York.
- Taylor swift was brought up in Pennsylvania.
- Where were you brought up?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!