I’m sure this lesson is going to be a hit. That’s because we’re going to look at five idioms that use the verb hit. I’m going to show you how to use hit or miss, hit the nail on the head, hit it off, hit the bottle, and hit the road. Ready? Let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Tony works hard in the office but sometimes his work is hit or miss.
- In New York, buying fruit is hit or miss.
- Thanks for telling me about that restaurant. You hit the nail on the head. It was really good.
- You hit the nail on the head when you told me that kickboxing was difficult. I had sore muscles for a week after trying it.
- Jack and Terry hit it off at the BBQ last weekend.
- I’m glad I had a chance to meet your cousin. We really hit it off.
- After losing his job Tommy started to hit the bottle.
- Amy started hitting the bottle after her boyfriend broke up with her.
- It’s getting late. I think I should hit the road.
- I’m really tired because I hit the road very early this morning.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!