Do you like fruit? I sure do and I try to eat a piece of fruit every day! Well, you don’t come to Happy English today to hear about my diet, right? It’s time to learn idioms! For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at 5 different idioms from fruit…check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I heard through the grapevine that Jenny is getting married.v
- I heard through the grapevine that the city is planning to build a new park.
- I wonder who will be the top banana when the CEO retires.
- Jack said that his wife is the top banana in my family, so he needs to ask her before he buys anything big.
- We have a new boss in the office. Working with him is not a bowl of cherries.
- You got another new iPhone?! Wow! Life is a bowl of cherries!
- Bill was as cool as a cucumber when he had an accident with his new car.
- The boss was yelling at me, but I tried to stay as cool as a cucumber.
- The kids went bananas when we told them that we were going to go to Disneyland.
- The boss went bananas when I came late to the meeting.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!