Do you like fruit? I sure do and I try to eat a piece of fruit every day! Well, you don’t come to Happy English today to hear about my diet, right? It’s time to learn idioms! For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at 5 different idioms from fruit…check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I heard through the grapevine that Jenny is getting married.v
- I heard through the grapevine that the city is planning to build a new park.
- I wonder who will be the top banana when the CEO retires.
- Jack said that his wife is the top banana in my family, so he needs to ask her before he buys anything big.
- We have a new boss in the office. Working with him is not a bowl of cherries.
- You got another new iPhone?! Wow! Life is a bowl of cherries!
- Bill was as cool as a cucumber when he had an accident with his new car.
- The boss was yelling at me, but I tried to stay as cool as a cucumber.
- The kids went bananas when we told them that we were going to go to Disneyland.
- The boss went bananas when I came late to the meeting.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!