Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The big cheese is going to visit the office tomorrow, so everyone needs to wear a suit.
- I have a dinner meeting with the big cheese tomorrow night.
- My boss bit my head off because I came to work late.
- If you don’t clean up your room your mom will bite your head off.
- The coach seems strict but his bark is worse than his bite.
- The students are afraid of their teacher but her bark is usually worse than her bite.
- Jack is good at math so the math exam was a cakewalk.
- Making cookies is a cakewalk for my mom.
- I was chewing the fat with my sister last night.
- We like to chew the fat at the bar.
- I bit my tongue when the policeman stopped my car.
- I had to bite my tongue when the boss was angry with me.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!