The other day, one of the Happy English listeners wrote in asked me about the phrasal verb come out. You know, come out is an interesting phrasal verb because it has a lot of different uses and meanings. So, for today’s English lesson, let’s take a look at this very versatile and useful phrasal verb.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I stood in front of Jack’s apartment waiting for him to come out.
- Many stars come out at night.
- The effects of climate change started to come out in the 1990’s.
- It came out that car and factory emissions contribute to climate change.
- Bob lost his job at the bank, but something good came out of that; he got a better job at a finance company.
- Did any new ideas come out of your meeting last night?
- I baked bread for the first time last week. It came out quite delicious!
- Nick told me that he was going to build a greenhouse in his garden. I wonder how it came out.
- Sometimes the videos I take with my smart phone don’t come out very well.
- I spilled coffee on my white sweater, but it didn’t come out.
- If you spill ink on a carpet, it probably won’t come out.
- I heard that the Rolling Stones are going to come out with a new CD this year.
- Everyone was excited when the latest Star Wars movie came out.
- Many people came out against increasing the sales tax.
- When we voted for having casual Fridays in the office, every employee came out in favor of it! Me too!
- Greg’s favorite baseball team came out in last place last season.
- Katie’s dance troupe came out first in the dance competition.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!