When people think of the word right, they often think about right and left. Right is used when talking about directions or location. If you want to go to Grand Central Station from my office, turn right, walk one block, and you’ll see GC on the left side. Well there are many other ways we use the word right. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out several common ways you can use this word.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- You’ve probably heard the phrase to be in the right place at the right time.
- I heard that Joe knew all of the right answers for the exam.
- Cheating on your boyfriend or girlfriend is not right.
- These days, recycling is the right thing to do.
- If you need help, I’ll be there right away. Here’s another example.
- I need to mail a letter. I’ll be right back.
- I was sitting right in front of the stage at the concert.
- In school, I sat right next to my best friend.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!