A lot of English learners seem to confuse how to use grow and grow up. How about you? For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at these to words and some other phrases using the verb grow.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Flowers and trees begin to grow in the spring.
- Baby elephants grow very quickly.
- My grandmother used to grow several kinds of peppers.
- They grow corn and potatoes on the farm.
- Shane’s business has been growing rapidly this year.
- Reading is a great way to grow your vocabulary.
- I grew up in New York.
- Yalcin grew up in Istanbul but now lives in Brooklyn.
- Good help doesn’t grow on trees.
- Don’t waste money because money doesn’t grow on trees.
- At first I wasn’t comfortable living in this neighborhood, but now it is starting to grow on me.
- Jane said her new job wasn’t so good in the beginning, but sales is starting to grow on her.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!