You breath is what keeps you alive and the word breath is used in a lot of English idioms. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at five idioms and expressions that use the word breath.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I was out of breath after running after my dog.
- I told him that if he exercised more, he wouldn’t out of breath so often.
- I just ran up the stairs. I need to catch my breath.
- Just relax and catch your breath. Then tell me what happened.
- When my friend Ed asked me if I as going to watch the football game with him, I told him “Don’t hold your breath. I’m not a football fan at all.”
- Do you think they will do a good job repairing the roads? Don’t hold your breath. The city works very slowly when it comes to jobs like that.
- She told me that wanted to break up with me, and then in the same breath she said the loves me.
- The boss is not going to allow you to leave the office early on Friday, so just save your breath.
- Don’t try to ask Katie for a date. Save your breath. She already has a boyfriend!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!