Using English idioms can always make your speaking sound more colorful and natural. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at seven idioms that are based on body parts: a long face, big mouth, pull someone’s leg, see eye to eye, and nosey
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jack has had a long face ever since his girlfriend broke up with him.
- The boss has a long face. I guess his meeting with the CEO didn’t go well.
- Don’t tell Tommy your secrets. He has a big mouth.
- That woman was talking on the train for over an hour. She’s got a big mouth.
- My sister told me that she won the lottery but I knew she was just pulling my leg.
- You saw Taylor Swift in Time Square this morning? Are you pulling my leg?
- After several days of negotiations management and labor see eye to eye on the contract.
- It seems like Bob and his wife don’t see eye to eye on anything. They’re always arguing.
- I don’t want to talk about this topic in the office. I have too many nosy coworkers.
- I have a nosy neighbor. She’s always looking out the window whenever we go out or come home.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!