Just for your information, the office here opens at 9am and closes at 10pm. Happy English is open from Monday to Friday, but the office is closed on the weekends. Ok, did you catch how I use the words open, close, and closed? For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how to use these words to talk about a business’s working hours.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I opened Happy English in 2010. This means I started the company in 2010.
- The coffee shop near my house closed last week. It seems like they didn’t have enough customers.
- The bank opens at 9 AM and closes at six.
- I can say happy English is open from Monday to Friday.
- The dry cleaner in my neighborhood isn’t open on Sundays.
- What time are you open tomorrow.
- The bank opens at 9 o’clock (or) The bank is open at 9 o’clock.
- Tower records closed in New York a few years ago.
- In some towns in New Jersey stores are closed on Sundays.
- You can’t go to the bank after 6 PM because after 6 PM the bank is closed.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!