A lot of students seem to have trouble with some adverbs that relate to time. These are immediately, shortly, soon, quickly and early. So, I thought that for today’s English lesson, we could go over these common words.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- When I saw the water boiling over on the stove, I turned off the gas immediately.
- I’ll be there shortly (or) I’ll be there soon.
- I’ll be finished shortly (or) I’ll be finished soon.
- Soon, we will be able to have self driving cars.
- Soon, computers will be able to have intelligence like humans.
- Soon, ordinary people will have the chance to fly into space.
- Jack came to the party, but he had to leave soon because he felt sick.
- My vacation is in two months. I hope the time passes soon.
- I always come to the office early, because I like to have a cup of joe before starting work.
- If you go to bed early, it is easy to wake up early in the morning.
- I arrived at the officer quickly because there was no traffic on the highway.
- That guy spoke so quickly I couldn’t understand him.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!