Sometimes it’s possible to substitute if and when in a conditional sentence, and sometimes it’s not. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out this point.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- If the temperature reaches 0C, water freezes.
- When the temperature reaches 0C, water freezes.
- If babies are hungry, they cry.
- If it rains tomorrow, I’m going to wear boots.
- We can catch a movie later if we have time.
- When I get home I’m going to cook dinner.
- I’ll call you when I finish work.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!