Phrasal verbs are commonly used, especially in conversational English. For today’s podcast English lesson, let’s have a look at 6 phrasal verbs that use “come.”
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- If you have some free time this weekend, can I come by?
- I have nothing to do today, so please come by if you can.
- These wine glasses came from Italy.
- Many spices come from India.
- I came across my old high school jacket when I was cleaning the attic.
- Jane came across an interesting book at a flea market.
- Something came up this afternoon and I couldn’t attend the meeting.
- Jack isn’t in the office yet. Something must have come up.
- I came up with a new recipe for hot dogs.
- Edison came up with the light bulb.
- With tax and tip, dinner in that steak house comes to $100 per person.
- The clerk said, “That comes to $28.50.”
Show your support →
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
MY NEW BOOK FOR ESL TEACHERS
ESL Games for the Classroom:
101 Interactive Activities to Engage Your Students with Minimal Prep
Motivate your students to learn English with quick set-up, interactive activities from ESL Games for the Classroom. Every moment of class time counts. To fill class time productively, ESL Games for the Classroom offers effective ESL games that engage students with little or no prep work. Now On Sale!