I think cool is an interesting word in English because it has a lot of popular, yet different uses. So, for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at this hot word…cool!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Ice cream is cold, it is cold in the freezer, but it’s cool in the refrigerator.
- Everyone likes a cool drink on a hot summer day.
- When I suggested to the boss that we cancel the meeting his reaction was cool.
- Jane was cool toward her ex-boyfriend at the party.
- Even though Ted got into an accident with his new car, he kept cool.
- During an emergency, like a fire or earthquake, you need to keep cool.
- Some people say that Johnny Depp is cool, or that Jason Mraz looks cool.
- James Dean was considered to have a cool look in the 1950’s.
- A lot of people think that One Direction is cool.
- In a similar way, you can have a cool car, cool sunglasses, or a cool jacket.
- I got two tickets for the Taylor Swift concert and I’m gonna take you! Oh, Cool!
- I can use my iphone to control the lights, locks, and heater in my house. Cool
- I’ll be there tomorrow. Is that ok? Yeah, cool.
- We don’t have chocolate cake, but I can give you chocolate cupcakes. Cool!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!