I think cool is an interesting word in English because it has a lot of popular, yet different uses. So, for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at this hot word…cool!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Ice cream is cold, it is cold in the freezer, but it’s cool in the refrigerator.
- Everyone likes a cool drink on a hot summer day.
- When I suggested to the boss that we cancel the meeting his reaction was cool.
- Jane was cool toward her ex-boyfriend at the party.
- Even though Ted got into an accident with his new car, he kept cool.
- During an emergency, like a fire or earthquake, you need to keep cool.
- Some people say that Johnny Depp is cool, or that Jason Mraz looks cool.
- James Dean was considered to have a cool look in the 1950’s.
- A lot of people think that One Direction is cool.
- In a similar way, you can have a cool car, cool sunglasses, or a cool jacket.
- I got two tickets for the Taylor Swift concert and I’m gonna take you! Oh, Cool!
- I can use my iphone to control the lights, locks, and heater in my house. Cool
- I’ll be there tomorrow. Is that ok? Yeah, cool.
- We don’t have chocolate cake, but I can give you chocolate cupcakes. Cool!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!