Do you like dogs? I sure do and for today’s English lesson, I’ve got 6 dog idioms for you to learn: “in a dog’s age” “work like a dog” “lucky dog” “a dog’s life” “as sick as a dog” and, “Every dog has its day.” Let’s get to it!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I haven’t seen Marcos in a dog’s age.
- We haven’t been to that tapas restaurant in a dog’s age. Let’s go there tonight.
- I worked like a dog to finish my project.
- I heard that Maria worked like a dog preparing for her final exams.
- Mikael got promoted to director. What a lucky dog!
- You got free tickets to see Taylor Swift? What a lucky dog!
- Nick got rich selling toys online. Now he’s living a dog’s life.
- Jane married a rock star and moved to Hollywood. It’s a dog’s life!
- I was as sick as a dog after eating at that restaurant. I’ll never go back there again.
- Jack drank too much at the party and was as sick as a dog the next day.
- You are working hard to improve your English so keep at it. Every dog has its day.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!