For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use “long”.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- We have known each other for a long time.
- I waited for a long time to see the doctor.
- The next time I go there I’m gonna stay for a long time.
- We’ve waited long enough for Jack. Let’s start the meeting without him.
- It took so long to find her house in the dark.
- The CEO spoke for much too long. He really should try to keep it short.
- Sorry I’m late. Have you been waiting long?
- She doesn’t visit very often, and when she does, she doesn’t stay long.
- I can’t wait long to hear the news, so please tell me now.
- That was a really long movie. I almost fell asleep in the middle.
- It’s a very long way from New York to Peru, but I want to go there someday.
- I walk my dog on a very long leash because she likes to explore a lot.
- Please wait for me. It won’t be for long.
- Hey Kim, long time no see!
- Yan worked very hard and in the long run, she was quite successful.
- You may think that learning English is challenging but you need to keep at it. In the long run, you’ll get it.
- Are you finished with the report yet? No, not by a long shot. I have several hours to go.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!