For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how to use “long”.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- We have known each other for a long time.
- I waited for a long time to see the doctor.
- The next time I go there I’m gonna stay for a long time.
- We’ve waited long enough for Jack. Let’s start the meeting without him.
- It took so long to find her house in the dark.
- The CEO spoke for much too long. He really should try to keep it short.
- Sorry I’m late. Have you been waiting long?
- She doesn’t visit very often, and when she does, she doesn’t stay long.
- I can’t wait long to hear the news, so please tell me now.
- That was a really long movie. I almost fell asleep in the middle.
- It’s a very long way from New York to Peru, but I want to go there someday.
- I walk my dog on a very long leash because she likes to explore a lot.
- Please wait for me. It won’t be for long.
- Hey Kim, long time no see!
- Yan worked very hard and in the long run, she was quite successful.
- You may think that learning English is challenging but you need to keep at it. In the long run, you’ll get it.
- Are you finished with the report yet? No, not by a long shot. I have several hours to go.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!