For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at a few different ways we can use the word, last.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Even though I worked late, I was able to catch the last bus going back home.
- In the Tokyo area, the last train is around 12am.
- Whoever uses the last bottle of toner for the copy machine is responsible for ordering a new one.
- Last Sunday I had dinner with my sister.
- I haven’t seen Steve since last April.
- Even though I bought that aftershave last year, there is still some left in the bottle.
- The CEO’s speech lasted for almost two hours. He talks a lot!
- How long does a bottle of mayo last in your house?
- I have a big car, so a tank of gas doesn’t last very long.
- Mick lost his job two years ago, but at last, he found a new job in a good company.
- I haven’t had a vacation in three years, but I’m taking one this week at last.
- I’ve been looking for a new car. At last I found one today.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!