For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at a few different ways we can use the word, last.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Even though I worked late, I was able to catch the last bus going back home.
- In the Tokyo area, the last train is around 12am.
- Whoever uses the last bottle of toner for the copy machine is responsible for ordering a new one.
- Last Sunday I had dinner with my sister.
- I haven’t seen Steve since last April.
- Even though I bought that aftershave last year, there is still some left in the bottle.
- The CEO’s speech lasted for almost two hours. He talks a lot!
- How long does a bottle of mayo last in your house?
- I have a big car, so a tank of gas doesn’t last very long.
- Mick lost his job two years ago, but at last, he found a new job in a good company.
- I haven’t had a vacation in three years, but I’m taking one this week at last.
- I’ve been looking for a new car. At last I found one today.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!