For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can and can’t use the word play.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The kids were playing in the yard after dinner.
- Do you want to play cards?
- Please stop playing now and go do your homework.
- Yuki is playing basketball with her friends.
- I tried to play golf, but I’m not good at it.
- They play basketball and hockey in that stadium.
- Tom Hanks is playing on Broadway now.
- I wonder who will play Batman next?
- Greg played a tree in the school Christmas play.
- You can also play the piano, play the guitar, or play any other musical instrument.
- Shakespeare wrote many plays.
- They are putting on a play at the high school next month.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!