For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can and can’t use the word play.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The kids were playing in the yard after dinner.
- Do you want to play cards?
- Please stop playing now and go do your homework.
- Yuki is playing basketball with her friends.
- I tried to play golf, but I’m not good at it.
- They play basketball and hockey in that stadium.
- Tom Hanks is playing on Broadway now.
- I wonder who will play Batman next?
- Greg played a tree in the school Christmas play.
- You can also play the piano, play the guitar, or play any other musical instrument.
- Shakespeare wrote many plays.
- They are putting on a play at the high school next month.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!