For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how we can use the adverb, once.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I’ve heard that Kyoto is nice. I’d love to go there once.
- Just once I’d like to eat at Jon Jorge. It’s the most expensive restaurant in the city.
- Skydiving seems exciting. I would definitely try it once.
- I’ve been to St Petersburg once. It was really a beautiful city.
- That restaurant is nice. I’ve only eaten there once, but I can recommend it without hesitation.
- The listening questions for this section of the exam will only be spoken once, so you must listen carefully.
- I’ll give you a call once I get to the hotel.
- Once you’ve graduated from college, you can start looking for a job.
- The pizza in that restaurant is amazing. Once you try it, you’ll never want to eat at another pizza shop again.
- I feed my dog Happy once a day.
- I usually go to the gym once a week.
- Jack’s company has a big meeting with all of the staff once a year.
- Once in a while, Emma likes to listen to classical music.
- Fabrizio has a classic car. He told me that he only drives it once in a while.
- If you have any trouble with the kids, call me at once.
- When I heard she had a car accident, I left the office at once.
- Don’t quit your day job.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!