It was a little cool here this morning. Even though it’s it felt like fall. And fall means apple season in New York. There’s nothing like the taste of a fresh, crisp Apple. That’s how I got the inspiration for today’s English lesson. Today, let’s take a look at some apple idioms.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Louis Armstrong was as American as apple pie.
- A cheeseburger is as American as apple pie.
- Jack’s son is the apple of his eye.
- Jane said her baby is the apple of her eye.
- Hank was polishing the apple when he complimented the boss’s new suit.
- Jim is such an apple polisher. He always brings the boss coffee in the morning!
- Jeff upset the apple cart when he told Ted that he saw Ted’s girlfriend in a bar with another guy.
- If you quit the company now, you will upset the apple cart. This is our busy season!
- Joey’s friend Ted is a bad apple. He is often in trouble with the police.
- Lazy Jim is the only bad apple in the office. All of the other sales people are hard workers.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!