It was a little cool here this morning. Even though it’s it felt like fall. And fall means apple season in New York. There’s nothing like the taste of a fresh, crisp Apple. That’s how I got the inspiration for today’s English lesson. Today, let’s take a look at some apple idioms.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Louis Armstrong was as American as apple pie.
- A cheeseburger is as American as apple pie.
- Jack’s son is the apple of his eye.
- Jane said her baby is the apple of her eye.
- Hank was polishing the apple when he complimented the boss’s new suit.
- Jim is such an apple polisher. He always brings the boss coffee in the morning!
- Jeff upset the apple cart when he told Ted that he saw Ted’s girlfriend in a bar with another guy.
- If you quit the company now, you will upset the apple cart. This is our busy season!
- Joey’s friend Ted is a bad apple. He is often in trouble with the police.
- Lazy Jim is the only bad apple in the office. All of the other sales people are hard workers.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!