We can use both when and if to talk about the future, but the meaning of each of these words is different. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at how we use when and if to talk about the future.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Tom is coming to the office this afternoon. Let me know when he gets here.
- Have a safe trip. Send me a text message when you get home.
- I’ve been looking for a new camera. When I find a good one, I’m going to buy it.
- I sent the directions to my office. If you have any problem finding it, please call me.
- I’ll check in my attic for those old photos and if I find them, I’ll let you know.
- I’ve been looking for a new camera. If I can’t find one, I’ll just bring my old camera on vacation.
- If the temperature reaches 0C, water freezes. (or) If the temperature reaches 0C, water freezes.
- When we come to the office late, the boss gets upset (or) If we come to the office late, the boss gets upset.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!