For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between fault, mistake, and error. These words are similar, but we use them differently.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The boss said that it was Jack’s fault that the customer got angry. Jack put the wrong address on the shipping label.
- It was Tom’s fault that the car got stolen. He left the doors unlocked, even thought he parked the car on the street.
- 75? No, that’s a mistake. We sold at least 100 donuts today.
- Tommy only made two mistakes on the exam. He got the best score in the class.
- Excuse me, I think this is a mistake. I ordered chicken, not steak.
- I asked the teacher to correct my errors.
- There are a lot of spelling errors in this document.
- If the doctor makes any errors during the surgery, there could be sever consequences for the patient.
- We paid this invoice twice in error. It was already paid six months ago.
- I called my sister in error. I was thinking to call my mom but I misdialed.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!