For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the difference between fault, mistake, and error. These words are similar, but we use them differently.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The boss said that it was Jack’s fault that the customer got angry. Jack put the wrong address on the shipping label.
- It was Tom’s fault that the car got stolen. He left the doors unlocked, even thought he parked the car on the street.
- 75? No, that’s a mistake. We sold at least 100 donuts today.
- Tommy only made two mistakes on the exam. He got the best score in the class.
- Excuse me, I think this is a mistake. I ordered chicken, not steak.
- I asked the teacher to correct my errors.
- There are a lot of spelling errors in this document.
- If the doctor makes any errors during the surgery, there could be sever consequences for the patient.
- We paid this invoice twice in error. It was already paid six months ago.
- I called my sister in error. I was thinking to call my mom but I misdialed.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!