For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use the phrases be and get used to to talk about being and getting familiar with something.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I am used to the subway now.
- Nick just got a new job last month but he is already used to the work.
- When I first moved to the city from the suburbs, I thought it was very noisy. But now I’m used to the noise.
- I’m used to driving in the US.
- Nick got a new job last month but he is already used to working there.
- At first I felt the city was very noisy, but now I’m used to living here.
- Roger moved to New York from London. At first it was hard for him to drive here, but after about a month he got used to driving in New York.
- Nick got a new job last month. It took him a few weeks to get used to working there.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!