For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use the phrases be and get used to to talk about being and getting familiar with something.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I am used to the subway now.
- Nick just got a new job last month but he is already used to the work.
- When I first moved to the city from the suburbs, I thought it was very noisy. But now I’m used to the noise.
- I’m used to driving in the US.
- Nick got a new job last month but he is already used to working there.
- At first I felt the city was very noisy, but now I’m used to living here.
- Roger moved to New York from London. At first it was hard for him to drive here, but after about a month he got used to driving in New York.
- Nick got a new job last month. It took him a few weeks to get used to working there.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!