A lot of listeners have written and asked me about the difference between after and later. For today’s English lesson, let’s check out how we can use these two words.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- After you finish listening to this podcast listen to it again for review.
- After I ate dinner last night I went for a walk.
- Tommy went to the gym yesterday for an hour. After that he went jogging.
- I have a dentist appointment on Saturday morning. After that I’m having lunch with my sister.
- I was helping my friend moves some furniture yesterday afternoon. A few hours later my back started to hurt.
- Bob’s son got his drivers license last month, but two days later he got a speeding ticket.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!