For today’s English lesson, let’s look at 5 food related idioms. The idioms today are: In a pickle, a a piece of cake, go bananas for, nuts, and get something for peanuts.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I lost my passport while I was traveling overseas. I was in a pickle.
- You’ll be in a pickle if you don’t finish your work on time.
- For my friend Nick, fixing cars is a piece of cake.
- I was nervous when I got to Tokyo station, but finding the right train was a piece of cake.
- My dog happy goes bananas for chicken.
- The children live Disneyland, so they went bananas when dad told them they are going to go to Disneyland.
- Jack talked about buying a CD, even though it’s 2015. He’s nuts!
- My sister said I was nuts to pay $500 for a concert ticket, but that was my favorite singer!
- At the summer bargain sale, I got a new suit for peanuts.
- At the grand bazaar in Istanbul, you can get nice souvenirs for peanuts!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!