For today’s English lesson, let’s look at 5 food related idioms. The idioms today are: In a pickle, a a piece of cake, go bananas for, nuts, and get something for peanuts.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I lost my passport while I was traveling overseas. I was in a pickle.
- You’ll be in a pickle if you don’t finish your work on time.
- For my friend Nick, fixing cars is a piece of cake.
- I was nervous when I got to Tokyo station, but finding the right train was a piece of cake.
- My dog happy goes bananas for chicken.
- The children live Disneyland, so they went bananas when dad told them they are going to go to Disneyland.
- Jack talked about buying a CD, even though it’s 2015. He’s nuts!
- My sister said I was nuts to pay $500 for a concert ticket, but that was my favorite singer!
- At the summer bargain sale, I got a new suit for peanuts.
- At the grand bazaar in Istanbul, you can get nice souvenirs for peanuts!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!