For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at six idioms that relate to being lazy. The idioms are snowed under, have your head in the clouds, under the weather, a breeze, and come rain or shine.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- The deadline was coming soon, so we were snowed under at the office.
- I have exams next week, so I am snowed under with studying.
- When Bob was on the bus he had his head in the clouds and didn’t realize that he missed his stop.
- Ever since he got a new girlfriend Tommy has had his head in the clouds.
- I was under the weather so I stayed home from work.v
- If you are under the weather should get some rest.
- Fixing computers is a breeze for Yalcin.
- Traveling from New York to Boston is a breeze. You can take a bus, a train, a plane or drive.
- Come rain or shine, my friend Satoru is always willing to help me out.
- Come rain or shine I will always try to help you study English.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!