For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how to use the words fear, afraid, & frightened.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jenny said her fear keeps her from walking by it.
- Jenny fears walking by that house.
- Jenny is afraid of walking by that house.
- If you own your own business you can’t be afraid of taking risks.
- My sister is really afraid of spiders.
- Jack won’t go to the dentist because he’s afraid.
- He’s a frightened person.
- Tommy rescued a frightened cat from a tree.
- A frightened animal needs to be handled carefully.
- Where is the nearest post office? I’m afraid I don’t know.
- I’m afraid I’m going to be late for the party.
- It’s raining. I’m afraid we need to cancel the picnic.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!