For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at three ways we can use a past verb to talk about the present or the future.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- If won the lottery, I would quit this crazy job.
- If Taylor Swift came to my house, I would sing a song with her.
- If it was sunny today, I would go to the beach.
- I think it’s time we went to the deli.
- I think it’s time I got a new computer. This one is too slow.
- I’m going to finish painting this room now. I’d rather you started painting the other room.
- I wish I had better luck!
- I wish I had a bigger apartment.
- These seats in the stadium are really high. I wish were able see the players better.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!