For today’s English lesson, let’s take a look at three short phrases with if – if not, if only, and if so.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
If So, If Not
- Have you called Jack yet? If so, please let me know what he said.
- I bake a lot of cookies last night? Do you want any? If so, how many do you want?
- Please check to see if the delivery has come? If not, you’d better call the company and find out what happened.
- I hope there are still tickets left for that concert. If not I’m going to be disappointed.
- I’d like to learn how to speak French. If only I had more time to learn a new language.
- I love to eat homemade bread. If only I had a bread machine.
- If only I were taller, I would be a better basketball player.
- If only the train would be on time today.
- If only there were more hours in the day….I could get more done!
- If only I were a millionaire…I would buy a big house.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!