For today’s English lesson, we have a special guest – Jessica Beck from All Ears English who is going to talk to us about the IELTS Speaking section and what you need to know about grammar.
On the IELTS Speaking test, you are graded on four things: Fluency and Coherence, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Pronunciation. All are graded equally. Your Speaking score is an average of these four things, on a scale from 1-9.
IELTS Grammar Tips
- Here’s what you need to know about your IELTS Speaking grammar grade:
- Band 9- Can still have native speaker “slips”. Wide variety of sentence structures.
- Band 8- Most sentences do not have mistakes. Wide variety of sentence structures.
- Band 7- A lot of sentences do not have mistakes. Wide variety of sentence structures.
- Band 6- Lots of mistakes, but the examiner can still understand everything you say. Variety of sentence structures.
- Band 5- So many mistakes that the examiner can’t understand you sometimes and/or not a lot of sentence structures.
- Band 4- So many mistakes that the examiner can’t understand you sometimes and/or mostly simple sentences.
- Notice that you do not have to be perfect. You can still make grammar mistakes! Everyone does.
- Using a variety of sentence structure is more important than having perfect grammar. For example:
- Compound sentences with linking words such as and, or, but, however
- Sentences with relative clauses such as who, that, which
- Conditional sentences
All Ears English can show you how to get the IELTS score you need through their smart systems and strategies. Get their 7 Easy Steps to a 7 or Higher on IELTS now and get on the right track to pass your IELTS Exam!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!