For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at the five hot idioms we heard in the conversation.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Everyone is fired up about the golf game next Saturday.
- My friend Paul is really fired up about going to the Taylor Swift concert in July.
- Here’s something that’s hot off the press – the boss just announced his retirement.
- Jenny said she wants to meet us at the café right away. It seems like she has something hot off the press.
- I was in hot water when I lost my passport while traveling overseas.
- If Jack comes to the office late once more he’s going to be in hot water with the boss.
- It seems like things are heating up between Jack and Cathy.
- The baseball game started to heat up when Narushi hit a grand slam home run.
- Frank was playing with fire when he started stealing money from his company.
- Bill you’re getting married next week. Taking your secretary out for a romantic dinner is like playing with fire.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!