In episode 338 we talked about the seven rules of using Must and Have to. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use the modal verbs need to and had better.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- When you travel abroad, you have to have a passport.
- You must not carry weapons on an airplane.
- I need to go on a diet. I’m getting too heavy.
- I need to exercise more.
- Jack said he needs to get a new computer.
- We need to leave by 5:00 in order to get to the station on time.
- You had better dry your hair before going out. If you don’t you will catch a cold.
- You have had a bad headache for two weeks? You had better see a doctor.
- You had better do all of your homework, otherwise you will not pass the course.
- It is better to visit NYC in the spring.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!