The modal verbs must and have to give a lot of people trouble. For today’s English lesson, I’m going to talk about my 7 rules that you need to know about must and have to.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- When you travel abroad, you must have a passport.
- You must stop at a red light.
- You must speak quietly in the library.
- I must talk to the doctor right now. It is urgent.
- There is an emergency. I must use your phone.
- You must not smoke here.
- You must not pass a red light without stopping.
- You must not speak in the library.
- When you travel abroad, you have to have a passport.
- You have to stop at a red light.
- I have to call the doctor right now. It is important.
- I have to find out what is wrong with my car. I am taking a road trip next week.
- I godda talk to the doctor tomorrow (or) I’ve goda talk to the doctor tomorrow.
- When you travel abroad, you godda have a passport.
- You godda stop at a red light.
- When I traveled abroad, I had to have a passport.
- You had to stop at the red light. That’s why the police stopped you.
- I had to talk to the doctor yesterday. It was urgent.
- When you travel from New York to Miami, you don’t have to bring a passport.
- You don’t have to stop at a green light.
- I don’t have to talk to the doctor now. I am feeling better.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!