For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at three basic rules for using the definite article the. As you probably know, there are a lot of different rules and exceptions to those rule about how to use the, but for today, I hope these three ideas will put you on the right track to learning this little but important word in English
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I ate a banana.
- I ate the banana I bought yesterday.
- We had a meeting this morning.
- We had the budget meeting this morning.
- Jenny gave me a nice pen.
- Thanks for the nice pen you gave me.
- I saw a man and a woman today. The man was very short, and the woman was
- I have a car. The car is a Jeep.
- I heard a noise last night. The noise came from the backyard.
- I don’t like to watch the news because it is generally bad anyway, so why bother.
- Someone took my bag! Call the police!
vJoe is sick. He went to the hospital last night.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!