In an English conversation, we can respond to what someone says using why and why not. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how to use these short responses.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Jenny: Hey Jack.
- Jack: Oh. Hey.
- Jenny: You seem exhausted.
- Jack: I am.
- Jenny: Why?
- Jack: I was here until 2am last night.
- Jenny: You should take the day off today then.
- Jack: I can’t.
- Jenny: Why not?
- Jack: Because I didn’t finish the project.
- Jenny: Well, then let me buy you lunch. You need to eat.
- Jack: Yeah, why not!
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!