For today’s English lesson, let’s look at four ways we use the verb spend.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- I spent a lot of time looking for new computer.
- We spent the weekend in Boston. It was great!
- Jane said she spends several hours a day working in her garden. It looks amazing.
- Jack said he spent a lot of money for that suit.
- Eddie spent $1000 dollars in Las Vegas and lost everything.
- I don’t go to Starbucks because I don’t want to spend $5 for a cup of coffee.
- We spent a lot of energy researching the best way to upgrade the website.
- Jenny spent a lot of energy and put together a very nice party for Jack’s birthday.
- The R and D department spends a lot of energy developing new products.
- I was spent after the race.
- You look really spent. What happened?
- I am so spent. I’m going home after work and going right to bed.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!