For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we use no and not in English conversation.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- The sticker said, no work, no worries, no clock, no money.
- Jack said he has no time to play golf this weekend.
- We need to finish this project on time with no exceptions.
- That shot was no good. My ball went into the water.
- Listening to my boss give his long boring speeches is no fun.
- The boss said my report was no good so I have to do it over.
- The food in that restaurant is not expensive but it’s also not very delicious.
- Bob’s jokes during the meeting were not helpful at all. He should be more serious.
- It’s not easy learning a second language but it’s not impossible either.
- I am not going to the party tonight. We also pronounce this I am not going to the party tonight.
- Jack does not like to play golf. Jack doesn’t like to play golf.
- We don’t have enough paper to print that report.
- That party was fun. Not!
- Joe is the smartest guy in the class. Not!
- Tommy is the best looking guy in our office. Not!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!