For today’s English lesson, let’s check out five more idioms that relate to sports. The idioms are call the shots, the ball is in your court, bark up the wrong tree, be out in left field , be off the hook.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- Chris is the new boss, so he calls the shots in our office.
- I’m looking forward to becoming the manager so that I can call the shots.
- I gave you my ideas, so the ball is in you court now.
- We gave our customer our best proposal so the ball is in their court now.
- You are barking up the wrong tree. I’m not in charge of this project.
- If you are looking for a golfing partner you’re barking up the wrong tree. I’ve never played.
- Tom’s comments today were out in left field. He has no idea how to solve the problem.
- It’s difficult having a meeting with Tony. His ideas are always out in left field.
- I’m I’m off the hook because the boss sent Eddie to deal with the difficult customer.
- The boss realized that I wasn’t involved in that failed project, so I’m off the hook.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!