“Such as” vs. “as such”. One of our listeners from Nepal, Mohan, wrote to me and said that the phrases as such and such as as are giving him trouble, so for today’s English lesson I would like to look at those two phrases plus 3 other phrases that we use with such.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
How to use and such:
- I like to listen to classic rock music like the Beatles, Rolling stones and such.
- Jack is the marketing manager. He’s in charge of advertising, promotions and such.
- Yuki likes to design and make her own jewelry. She makes earrings, necklaces, rings and such.
How to use such that:
- Tommy’s presentation was such that only someone with technical knowledge could understand.
- His kindness was such that everyone enjoyed his company.
How to use such a:
- It was such a nice day today.
- Happy is such a cute dog.
- Living overseas is such a great experience.
How to use such as:
- We planted some vegetables in the garden this year such as tomatoes cucumbers and eggplants.
- Jenny likes baking desserts such as cakes and pies.
- I like different kinds of jazz such as Dixieland, swing, and bebop.
How to use as such:
- Happy is an old dog. As such, she’s not so active and tends to sleep a lot.
- A smartphone is a sensitive electronic device. As such, you need to handle it carefully.
- Jenny is the office manager. As such, she makes all of the important decisions.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!