The adjectives tall and high can be confusing for a lot of people, so for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use these words in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- A lot of old buildings in NYC have high ceilings.
- Mount McKinley is the highest mountain in the USA.
- If you want to have fun paragliding, you’ll need to find a high cliff to do it.
- For a brief moment in time, the Chrysler building was taller than the Empire State building.
- 6th Ave in NYC has many tall skyscrapers.
- Jack is taller than Jenny, and Jenny is taller than Tommy.
- Joey said that he saw Taylor Swift in a café this morning, but I think that is a tall story.
- Jack gave the boss another tall story to explain why he was late this morning.
- Our customer asking us to ship the products by overnight delivery is a bit of a tall order. I’m not sure if we can arrange that by 5pm.
- My sister wants to throw a surprise party for her boyfriend’s birthday this weekend. That’s going to be a tall order for the catering company.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!