Yesterday in Episode 320 we talked about however. For today’s English lesson I’d like to focus on similar word: though.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
Using though as a conjunction:
- Though I was tired I went to the party.
- Bob doesn’t have a lot of savings, though he has a good job and makes a high salary.
- Jack is our top sales person, though he rarely shows up to the office on time.
- Though it’s only the middle of May, the temperature feels more like July.
Using though as an adverb
- Today’s meeting was a little too long. It was productive though.
- I like most kinds of jazz. I’m not a big fan of Dixieland though.
- The hotel I stayed in wasn’t so great. The location was good though.
- My dog happy is pretty cute. She’s getting old though and she’s not so active these days.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!