However is a word that seems to give a lot of students trouble. I got an email the other day from my friend Soraya who’s an English teacher in Brazil. She asked me if I could help her help her students with this language point, so for today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we use however.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- NYC has become much safer these days. However, it is still a big city so use common sense when carrying a bag or wallet.
- The Yankees have a number of good players. However, they are not doing well this season.
- Jack is a good employee. However, he is not ready to become a manager.
- Jack is a good employee. He is not, however, ready to become a manager.
- Jack is a good employee. He is not ready to become a manager, however.
- However you think about studying, there is no way to improve your English without working hard at it.
- However hard he tried, Jack was unable to fix his laptop.
- However much you ask me, I will not to camping with you.
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!