For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use the phrases much too and too much.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
How to use too much + noun:
- I drank too much coffee today.
- Jack watches too many YouTube videos in the office. He has too much free time.
- Eating too much junk food is not good for your health.
How to use verb + too much:
- I’m worried about Tommy he smokes too much.
- I think Vincent works too much, but he says he has fun at his job.
- Don’t you think Jenny talks too much? It seems like she’s not working.
How to use much too:
- I don’t want to go out tonight because I’m much too tired.
- Jack said that movie was boring and it was much too long.
- I think the new manager speaks much too quickly.
- The train is moving much too slowly this morning. There must be some problem.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!