For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use and to connect two verbs.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
How to use try and
- Let’s try and find a new place to have lunch. I’m tired of this deli.
- I’m going to try and ask the boss for a day off tomorrow. I hope he says yes.
- Do you want to try and call Jack. He must be in the office by now.
How to use wait and see
- We send that company our offer. Now we just need to wait and see what their reaction is.
- I just restarted the computer. Let’s wait and see if it reboots before calling the IT guys.
Come and / go and / stay and
- I invited Jack to come and have lunch with us.
- Why don’t you go to the restaurant I’m going to stay and work a little bit more.
- I have to go and buy some toner for the printer.
- I spilled coffee on my tie so I went and bought a new one before the meeting.
- I was busy this morning because the boss came and asked me a lot of questions.
You can omit and!
- Let’s go and get some coffee after work or Let’s go get some coffee after work.
- Can you come and help me finish this report? Or Can you come help me finish this report?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!