For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we can use about and just about.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
We use how plus an adjective.
- We are about to start the meeting, so please close the door.
- I’m just about to go for lunch. Would you like to join me?
- When the movie is just about to start they turn down the lights in the theater.
- I was just about to start working when my computer crashed.
- Yesterday when I was about to go home my boss gave me another job to do.
- When I was about to start university my parents bought me a car.
- What she said was just about the nicest thing I’ve ever heard.
- Tommy is just about the smartest guy in the office.
- This is just about the strangest painting I’ve ever seen.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!