We can use how and what to respond to information during a conversation. For today’s English lesson let’s have a look at how we use how and what this way.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
We use how plus an adjective.
- Jack: Hey Jenny. I just got my Apple watch.
- Jenny: oh! How cool.
- Tommy: Hey Jack, it’s slow today so the boss said we can go home early today.
- Jack: oh! How nice. Now I can get my haircut.
- Jenny: hey Jack. Here is a photo of the dress I’m going to wear at the wedding.
- Jack: wow. How beautiful!
We use what plus a noun.
- Jack: welcome to my new office on the 55th floor.
- Tommy: what a great view you have.
- Jack: The boss bought coffee and donuts for everyone this morning.
- Jenny: what a nice guy.
- Tommy: it’s a nice day why don’t we have lunch in the park.
- Jack! What a great idea.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!